Vision Monday has kicked off the Second Annual Dispensing and Retail Excellence (D.A.R.E.) Awards. Submissions are now being accepted at
www.VisionMonday.com/DARE through July 6.
The D.A.R.E. Awards recognize daring optical retailers and dispensers of all sizes from across North America (including Canada) in the following categories:
- The Shop It Like It’s Hot Award for Most Daring Store Design, Retail Environment, Merchandising and/or Window Display
- The Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Web Award for Most Daring Social Media or Web Presence (including websites, social networking and viral marketing)
- The Sphere of Influence Award for Most Daring Community Outreach, Philanthropic or Patient Education Program
- The Seeing Green Award for Most Daring Eco-chievement
- The Resistance Is Futile Award for Most Daring Advertising Campaign (print, TV or radio)
Each award is broken down into three tiers depending on the unit size of the retail operation: 10 units/locations or less, 11 to 49 units/locations and 50+ locations, including online only retailers. For consideration, submissions must be from retailers or dispensers who have been continuously operating since June 1, 2011 and whose primary business is the retailing or dispensing of prescription eyewear or sunwear.
Nominators, who do not have to be retailers or ECPs, are welcome to submit an application for the same retailer or eyecare professional in multiple award categories as long as that retailer has run a qualifying program within the 12-month period from June 2011 to June 2012. Duplicate submissions in the same category will not increase a retailer’s chance of being recognized for an award. There is no fee associated with nominating an optical retailer or dispensary for a D.A.R.E. Award.
www.VisionMonday.com/DARE to learn more. The most daring retailers in each category will be revealed in the Aug. 27 issue of Vision Monday and on VisionMonday.com.
Entry is free but bragging rights are priceless. Nominate someone today. We D.A.R.E. you.
To reach customer service, please call (800) 825-4696.
© 2013 VisionMonday. All Rights Reserved