2012 Silmo D’Or Honors Design Innovators
PARIS—The 2012 Silmo Optical Fair honored the 2012 Silmo D’Or Award winners, presided over by designer Stella Cadente, this year’s grand jury president.
This year’s winners included:
- Essilor for the Varilux S Design in the Vision category
- Hoya for VisuReal in the Material/Equipment category
- ETEX for DaVinci in the Low Vision category
- Seaport for the Milky style from the Little PAUL & JOE collection in the Children category
- Undostrial for the Lucas de Staël frame in the Optic Frame category
- Jeremy Tarian for the Saintonge frame in the Sunglass category
- Silhouette for the Adidas Tour Pro in the Sport Equipment category
- Di Esse with FN 719 frame in the Frame Technological Innovation category.
Over the four day period, organizers reported that Silmo welcomed 34,696 visitors including 54.8 percent international and 45.2 percent French visitors, with attendance remaining stable compared to the previous year. Dates for the 2013 Silmo exhibition have been confirmed from Sept. 26 to Sept. 29, 2013.