Ophthalmic Technician/Laser Operator
5/20/2013 6:51:00 AM
Commensurate with Experience
We have an excellent opportunity for an outgoing, self-motivated Ophthalmic Technician interested in stretching their horizons and growing in the refractive surgery field. Would you like to work in an outstanding office environment with a dynamic staff? Do you want to learn more, become a better Ophthalmic Technician? Do you want to earn incentives for your hard work? If you are looking for something different, this opportunity may be for you. A few of the highlights for the position are listed below.
I. Job Description/Essential Job Functions
• Provides pre-operative and post-operative care to patients by following best practices
• Refractometry and lensometry to measure eyeglass prescription
• Ability to operate ophthalmic diagnostic equipment including Pentacam, Corneal Topographer, etc.
• Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes
• Prepares patients for treatment and assists ophthalmologist in LASIK surgery
• Counsels patients by providing information regarding treatment, use of drops and drugs
• Ensures confidentiality by completing and safeguarding medical records
• Provides and Outstanding Patient experience!
• Is an ambassador for laser vision correction
• Uses empathy and understanding to ensure the comfort of all patients
• Perform routine instrument maintenance
• Open to change and willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
• Minimum of a High School diploma or General Education Degree , College Degree Preferred
• COA/COT certification preferred.
• Excellent customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills are needed
• Ophthalmic/Optometric experience highly preferred
• Conversationalists who knows how to listen and is friendly, thoughtful, able to put others at ease, can respond promptly to patient needs, and find solutions.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Apply Online: http://localeyesite.com/job_postings/4679-general-staff-ophthalmic-technician-job-29086
>>> Back to Jobs listing