By Eye² Staff
If you stopped by Vision Monday's Eye2 Zone at Vision Expo West last month, you probably noticed
Pivothead, the stylish sports sunglasses with the high definition video camera mounted discretely in the bridge.
Last week, the company that produces the glasses, Pivothead Wearable Imaging, launched an
Indiegogo campaign to connect with the developer market prior to the retail launch of its second generation product, Pivothead SMART (Simple Modular Application-Ready Technology). The campaign is off to a fast start, having raised almost 40 percent of its goal in the first two days.
Like Pivothead Gen 1, Pivothead SMART offers full 1080p video and 8 MP photos. In addition, Gen 2 features wireless, full HD live streaming that lets you live stream, in full HD for hours and hours at a time. Other goodies include:
- Android OS and available SDK (an app linking SMART to a smartwatch has already been developed).
- NFC touch points (a first for eyewear).
- WiFi and Bluetooth (SMART can wirelessly connect to all of your devices).
- Dual gesture control functionality.
- A unique modular system that allows for unlimited battery life and memory storage.
- A reasonable price point.
Pivothead SMART is available in two styles, Teller (shown at top without modular system, and middle with mods) and Colfax (bottom). Both are Rx-able.
SMART will be available at retail in Q2 2014. However, early delivery and special pricing is available until December 12, 2013 on Indiegogo.
Back to Newsletter