Refractive Surgery Coordinator
11/8/2018 2:48:00 PM
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Take advantage of this opportunity to join UT Southwestern Medical Center – ranked one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal. Due to our continued growth, UT Southwestern Medical Center is seeking a Refractive Technician.
- Acquires complete patient history. Acquires and records visual functions including acuity, color vision, color comparison, stereo acuity, retinoscopy and wavescan as indicated.
- Participates in patient screening to determine if refractive error qualifies them as potential candidate for refractive surgery.
- Consents patient, obtains appropriate paperwork and provides pre and post-operative instructions. Prepares and escorts patients into surgery suite and into post-op examination room.
- Enters patient data into Laser. Performs site and parameter verification with surgeon. Calibrates Laser or Intralase on each surgery day.
- Assists with intra-operative pachymetry. Acts as surgery circulator during procedures. Sets up sterile field with required instruments and medication. Calibrates and sets blade for microkeratome.
- Cleans and autoclaves instruments after procedure.
- Contributes to marketing meetings and provides necessary support data reports.
- Maintains database of laser center patients and candidates.
- Maintains all inventory and supplies, and orders in timely manner (including post-op packs for patients). Trains and assists other ophthalmic staff as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Graduation from accredited two-year (2) program for Ophthalmic Techs, one (1) year experience as Ophthalmic Tech, Assistant or equivalent, and/or certification as an Ophthalmic Tech by Joint Commission of Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology;
- OR High School graduation or equivalent, one (1) year experience as Ophthalmic Tech, Assistant or equivalent; and certification in Keratome, VISX, Ladar or Intralase
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/refractech
About UT Southwestern Medical Center:
UT Southwestern Medical Center ranks among the top academic medical centers with more active Nobel Prize winners than any other medical school in the world. As a premier educational, clinical and research institution, UT Southwestern is home to more than 2,000 distinguished scientists, physicians and allied health professionals. Our University Hospital has achieved Magnet Recognition® by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), joining only 7% of hospitals in the United States.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/refractive-surgery-coordinator-1108-dallas-tx-34643
<<< Back to Jobs listing