12/2/2013 3:53:00 PM
We are always on the look out for great Ophthalmic Technicians!!!
Apply Online: http://www.localeyesite.com/listing/ophthalmic-assistant-2159
<<< Back to Jobs listing
Responsibilities of Ophthalmic Technician
*Manages/coordinates the activities required for the delivery of quality patient care.
*Effectively performs and assists with delegated procedures, implements doctor's orders and records observations and evaluations of patient response in a timely and detail oriented manner.
*Reinforces patient/family teaching as delegated by the Ophthalmology Supervisor and clearly documents patient response in patient record.
*Clearly communicates, verbally and in writing, patient care activities and patient condition to appropriate parties.
*Shares technical knowledge with staff/students in a supportive manner.
*Communicates effectively with patients about the procedures to be performed in order to obtain information and to offer reassurance.
*Explains the procedure clearly, thoroughly, and in a professional and compassionate manner to the patient
*Must be willing to travel to different Houston area offices.
Requirements for Ophthalmic Technician
• Mission - Demonstrates commitment to the organization's mission to provide personalized, comprehensive, high-quality eye care enhanced by medical education and research emphasizing compassion and care for the individual.
• Customer Service - Provides excellent customer service to continuously enhance customer and staff member satisfaction.
• Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Corporate Compliance - Demonstrates commitment to maintaining compliance with all federal and state applicable laws, regulations, and policies to ensure quality service to Eye Center of Texas patients.
• Performance Improvement - Participates in professional development and performance improvement activities to improve and maintain required qualifications and standards of performance.
• Team Work - Fosters a positive and productive work environment that furthers the quality and effectiveness of the care provided.
• Safety Initiative - Complies with Eye Center of Texas safety policies and procedures and pertinent external regulatory requirements (e.g. OSHA, etc.)
• Standards of Conduct - Respects the rules and the regulations of the organization and behaves in a professional manner at all times.
Apply through Local Eye Site or fax resume's to 281-977-8877.