Certified Nurse Practitioner
1/26/2015 11:45:00 PM
Position Purpose: Under the protocol direction of the onsite physician and center management, provides clinical care consistent with the mission, values and goals of PhotoMedex, Inc. and its subsidiaries, and meets the requirements stated in the job description, performance standards, and specialty addendum.
Job Overview: A nurse practitioner is a registered nurse with advance health assessment and decision-making skills prepared through a formal educational program that meet criteria established by the profession. Nurse practitioners are certified by examinations by an approved certifying body. CNPs work independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. CNPs provide primary health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. CNPs assess and manage common acute and chronic illnesses. CNPs consult and make referrals to physicians and other health care members of the health care team as appropriate. Provision of care includes, but is not limited to, comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescription of pharmacological agents and treatments, and non-pharmacological therapies, including the Xtrac laser treatment. Teaching and counseling individuals, families, and groups are a major part of CNP activities.
Education & Qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and nurse practitioner program.
• Masters in Nursing required.
• Current state registered nurse license and licensed to treat adults and children.
• Certified as a nurse practitioner by an approved certifying organization.
• CSRC and DEA certification preferred.
• CPR certification.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND DIFFICULTY OF WORK
a. Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans
b. Manages patients to assure continuity of care
c. Provides whole person care, which includes referrals to other health care providers.
d. Maintains adequate, concise and legible documentation of patient care.
e. Provides and documents appropriate periodic health examinations.
f. Provides appropriate patient education.
g. Demonstrates appropriate work habits which includes: arriving on time, returning phone calls same day, utilizing appropriate infection control measures, documentation in a timely manner, maintaining appropriate patient confidentiality, and making scheduling changes only through the VP/MA.
h. Operates and maintains Xtrac laser and additional medical services as needed.
a. Works with others to develop effective solutions to issues.
b. Provides support and training to co-workers when needed.
c. Models and encourages positive staff interactions.
d. Regularly attends Team/Clinical meetings.
a. Participates in nurse practitioner performance audits as assigned.
b. Assists in the development and maintenance of PhotoMedex, Inc guidelines (protocols) as assigned.
c. Participates in the Quality Assurance duties as assigned.
d. Attends required meetings.
e. Attends other meetings as assigned by supervisor.
Community Oriented Activities
a. Makes presentations in the community when requested.
b. Serves as a positive ambassador for PhotoMedex, Inc and its subsidiaries.
c. Represents the PhotoMedex, Inc. as requested.
Professional Networking Activities
a. Teaches employees or students as assigned.
b. Maintains yearly continuing education requirements.
c. Attends regional or national Community Health Center meetings as requested.
Personal Work Relationships:
• Presents self in professional manner at all times through speech, conduct, and dress.
• Demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, and organizational skills.
• Follows PhotoMedex, Inc. policies, procedures and protocols.
· Flexibility with work schedule based on patient demand.
• Maintains strict PhotoMedex, Inc. confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Center may be crowded and noisy at times.
• Flexibility and adaptability to change is essential.
• Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
• Lifting of 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds infrequently.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/certified-nurse-practitioner-7848
<<< Back to Jobs listing