Latest News Zenni Optical Reports 25 Million Pair of Eyeglasses Sold Over its 16-Year History By Staff Friday, April 5, 2019 12:18 AM NOVATO, Calif.—Zenni Optical, an online-only optical retailer, has announced that the company is in the midst of celebrating its 16th year of business and the sale of more than 25 million pairs of eyeglasses during this time. Zenni also noted in its recent announcement that it “continues to see strong growth year-over-year” and that it sold more than 5 million pairs of eyeglasses last year. Zenni said the 2018 sales results led to gross revenue of more than $214 million, which the online firm attributed, in part, to “a sharp increase in sales” of the company’s blue light-blocking and UV protective lenses called Blokz, expanded brand marketing efforts, and specific product campaigns throughout the year focused on kids’ flex frames, shopping by face-shape and “festival wear.” Blokz sales increased 50 percent from 2017 to 2018, according to the Zenni announcement, and as a result of the popularity of the blue light-blocking technology, Zenni said it will expand Blokz to include a photochromic option that darkens in sunlight, as well as Blokz sunglass lenses.Zenni’s sales are primarily from North America (U.S. and Canada) at about 90 percent, a spokesman told VMAIL. “We have sold to over 80 countries worldwide, however, and the remaining 10 percent is scattered about with the U.K. being the next-largest sales market for us,” the spokesman added. The average price point for Zenni eyeglasses is $40, with a starting price of $6.95, he said.Zenni also has its own state-of-the-art production facility with advanced prescription and edging labs that contribute to its efficiency, the company said in its announcement. Last October, Zenni reached an agreement with the Chicago Bulls that allowed Zenni to serve as the professional basketball franchise’s official eyewear partner and first jersey patch sponsor. Zenni said it saw “a substantial increase in sales in the Chicago market – up 33 percent in November and 53 percent for December, respectively, year-over-year.”Tibor Laczay, co-founder and chief executive officer, said in the announcement that Zenni has “worked diligently through the years to create a vertically integrated business that can very successfully drive profitable margins without overpricing the product.” In addition, Zenni said it recently released a new virtual try-on tool that allows customers to see each of their frames selections in a 180-degree view on their face.