D.A.R.E. Awards Categories
- The PDA (Public Display of Attention) Award for Most Daring In-Store Merchandising and/or Window Display (NEW)
- The Shop It Like It’s Hot Award for Most Daring Store Design or Retail Environment
- The Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Web Award for Most Daring Social Media or Web Presence (including websites, social networking and viral marketing)
- The Resistance Is Futile Award for Most Daring Advertising Campaign (print, TV or radio)
- The Sphere of Influence Award for Most Daring Community Outreach, Philanthropic or Patient Education Program
- The Seeing Green Award for Most Daring Eco-chievement
For more information,
NEW YORK—Do you know an eyewear retailer who's grabbing the social media reins and capturing customers with such ease it makes you want to ditch your Rolodex for a Facebook page? Or maybe you've been awed by a selection of eco-based frames perfectly lit by a retailer's efficient use of LED lighting?
If you can answer yes to these questions and more, then run, don't walk, to
www.visionmonday.com/dare and nominate an eyewear retailer who really stands apart (Or nominate yourself—we dare you). Now in its third year, the Vision Monday D.A.R.E. Awards, being sponsored by
Europa International, include six different categories of optical excellence. In addition to outstanding performances in the arenas of Social Media and Seeing Green, you can also nominate retailers in the categories of Store Design, Merchandising and/or Window Display, Advertising Campaign and Community Outreach.
Here, we've rounded up award descriptions, expert tips and examples of past honorees for four of this year's D.A.R.E. Awards as highlighted in Vision Monday's print editions. Look for more to come in print and online in the next few months.