SYSTEMS / EQUIPMENT
Augen Optics Launches Easyform Free-form Polisher
Product: EasyForm FF-2LP Digital Free Form Polisher
Top Line: The Augen EasyForm FF-2LP is a fast, tough polisher that follows progressive and aspheric design curves to preserve surface integrity. Featuring dual independent polishing arms, EasyForm FF2LP includes an easy-to-read monitor for tracking both arms simultaneously, and parts for making replacement tools for increased savings.
Close Up: Built for 24/7 operation, EasyForm FF2-LP is part of the EasyForm Integrated Digital Surfacing System, an all-in-one free form equipment package that enables laboratories to offer premium free-form products of outstanding quality for a modest investment, according to Augen.
- Robust, tough polishing machine runs cool with minimal moving parts
- Built to handle rigors of 24/7 operation
- Cuts traditional lens polish times in half
- Preserves surface integrity
- Precisely follows progressive and aspheric design curves to preserve the integrity of the lens surface while producing a deep polish
- Follows high curves up to 6 cylinders, requiring fewer tool changes
- Saves tool costs
- Parts and guidelines for making your own polishing tools included, saving typical costs and down time in ordering and waiting for replacements.
- Easy-to-use monitor
- Large-button, user-friendly touch screen monitor provides views of both arms simultaneously for maximum control and efficiency
easyformequipment.com; (866) 284-3611
- Energy Requirements: Voltage: 220 VCA, 1 phase, 60 Hz;
- Current: 4 Amp
- Power: 850 Watts
- 30 jobs / hour
- Work Lens
- Height: 5'3"
- Width: 3'
- Depth: 2'7"
VisionWeb Launches Mobile App for Apple and Android Devices
Product: VisionWeb Mobile App
Top Line: VisionWeb has launched a free mobile app that supports their online ordering solution.
Visionweb.com gives opticians, optometrists, and ophthalmologists the ability to order ophthalmic products from over 400 spectacle lens, contact lens, and frame suppliers for free.
Close Up: With the VisionWeb app, users will be able to keep up with their spectacle lens, contact lens, and frame orders while out of the office, without having to access the full VisionWeb site. The free VisionWeb mobile app is available for Apple and Android devices, and can be downloaded via the iTunes and Google Play app stores.
The mobile app syncs with VisionWeb.com so users can have access to the latest order status information, right at their fingertips. Convenient search and filter options make it easy for users to navigate their orders while on the go or out of the office. Users can also access details on their pending orders, which allows the doctor or manager to provide feedback to staff before the orders are actually sent to the lab for processing.
Vital Stats: The VisionWeb app gives users the ability to:
- Review pending orders before they are sent to the lab
- Monitor the status of orders in the process at the lab
- Access and review archived orders
- Navigate orders with convenient search and filter options
Transitions Optical Updates MyMulticulturalToolkit.com with Electronic Ordering Feature
Top Line: Transitions Optical has made it easier than ever for eyecare professionals to order printed copies of its multicultural resources through a new online ordering feature at MyMulticulturalToolkit.com, an online resource designed to help eyecare professionals better understand and meet the needs of their diverse patients. With the click of an “order” button, eyecare professionals can enter their practice information and request to have multicultural resources delivered to their practice, free of charge.
Close Up: Available materials include:
Vital Stats: Additional information and PDF versions of the multicultural resources available can be found at MyMulticulturalToolkit.com. Orders for printed materials are also accepted by contacting Transitions Optical Customer Service directly at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 848-1506.
- White papers on topics ranging from cultural and linguistic considerations for vision care to addressing communication challenges during an eye disease diagnosis;
- Bilingual pocket cards in English/Spanish and English/Mandarin to help eyecare professionals smoothly guide their patients through the eyewear selection process;
- Bilingual eye care guides in English/Spanish to help eyecare professionals improve communication with Spanish-speaking patients during all stages of the eye appointment (including the Eye Exam Guide, Diagnosis Guide and Eye Care Communication Guide);
- What to Expect brochures (Hispanic Eyes in English and Spanish, Asian Eyes in English and Mandarin, African American Eyes, Adult Eyes and Kids Eyes); and
- Diverse and Spanish-language point-of-sale materials, including lens demo cards, counter cards and brochures.
TOOLS / SUPPLIES
Inland Diamond Intros Longer Lasting Cutter Blades
Product: 7E IBP Blade
Top Line: Inland Diamond Products has innovated a new process for extending the life of carbide cutter blades for machines such as the National Optronics 7E.
Close Up: Inland Diamond has previously introduced a line of XL cutter blades which extended the life of carbide cutter blades by 300 percent. Now, the company reports that its new ion-beam plasma-treated carbide cutters, developed with cooperation from an international university, are achieving a 700 percent increase in life over untreated blades.
Vital Stats: The cost is $35.00 for a National Optronics 7E blade.
www.inlanddiamond.com; (800) 347-2020
VMail Technology is a service of Jobson Medical Information LLC, the publisher of VisionMonday®,
100 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10013.
If you do not wish to receive future VMail Technology e-mails, please click UNSUBSCRIBE.
© 2016 Jobson Medical Information LLC All Rights Reserved EyesWay content is developed, sourced and
reported by the editors of EyesWay, the international news portal. VMail provides that content to its
subscribers as part of an exclusive news exchange agreement.