EXAMS / DISPENSING
Kowa Introduces an Automated Perimeter for Static and Kinetic Perimetry
Top Line: The AP-7000 is Kowa’s next generation automated perimeter that offers an extensive variety of test strategies and screening programs. Full threshold modes offer macular, central, and peripheral coverage up to 80 degrees, while screening modes provide swift evaluation of the visual field for relative or absolute scotomas. To shorten test times, quick modes are available for both threshold and screening modes.
Close Up: Features:
Vital Stats: By automatically correlating the fundus image (from fundus camera, OCT or SLO) with the static visual field, early detection of glaucoma is possible.
- Permetry on fundus image
- Easy touch screen operation with tabbed user interface
- Quick modes for threshold and screening programs
- Extensive range of test and screening strategies, including blue/yellow test
- Kinetic perimetry
- Fixation control
- Automated correlation of fundus images with the static visual field
- Chronological analysis over time
- Advanced network connectivity
- Ergonomic, compact design
www.kowa-usa.com; (800) 966-5692
Kinetic Intelligent Exam Console Creates Convenience, Improves Efficiency in the Exam Room
Product: Kinetic Intelligent Exam Console
Top Line: The new Kinetic Intelligent Exam Console by Eye Designs is engineered to withstand the demands of school, hospital, and institutional environments. The numerous features of this new exam lane system address the daily requirements of the medical profession and meet the challenges presented by constant use of the exam room desk, sink, computer, and other essential components.
Close Up: Kinetic Intelligent Exam Console Product features include:
Vital Stats: Optional trial lens drawer and optional electronic ophthalmic control panel integration are also available.
- Solid Surface Counter Top With Radius Corners, Solid Surface Sink Bowls, and Hands Free Electronic Faucet for best sanitation and hygiene practice
- Sink Bases Constructed With Water Resistant Core that will not be damaged by plumbing leaks or accidental overflow
- Marine Grade Plywood Toe Kick & Laminate Exterior With 3mm PVC Edges for extreme durability
- Built In Wire Management to keep all wiring and cords out of sight under cabinet
- Built In Computer/Printer Station Cabinets equipped with ventilation ports
- Wall Monitor Rail System holds multiple monitors off the counter for easy viewing and data entry
- Under Mount Articulating Keyboard Tray keeps counter top free of clutter and wires
- Fire Resistant Fiberglass Waste Basket that meets NFPA standards
- Heavy Duty European Style Concealed Door Hinges for long term durability
- Soft Closing 150 lbs Full Extension Drawer Systems for low maintenance
- Locking Medical Record Drawer for HIPPA compliance & Locking Medicine Cabinet & Drawers to secure extra supplies and medicine
- Smart Office Accessory Wall Panel that includes chart holders, bulletin board, phone holder, literature holders, tissue and glove dispensers, and shelves for additional supplies.
www.eyedesigns.com; (800) 346-8890
Vmax Vision Launches New Website
Product: Vmax Vision’s New Website
Top Line: Vmax Vision, manufacturer of the PSF Refractor, has launched a new website,
vmaxvision.com. The website provides resources aimed at guiding new and proficient users as well as patients along their experience with the Vmax products: the PSF Refractor and the Encepsion lenses.
Close Up: The website includes sections explaining the principles behind this breakthrough technology in subjective refraction; the unique features of the PSF Refractor such as the first true night vision correction and the opportunity to deliver the most refined prescription available through its Encepsion lenses. The gateway for eyecare professionals through its Client and Clinical resources provides guidance on how to achieve more accurate and reliable refraction results, maximize office efficiencies while relieving physical stress, and deliver the best vision possible with the PSF Refractor and the digitally personalized Encepsion lenses.
Vital Stats: The website also has patient-specific pages aimed at showing patients how they can improve and maximize their vision by taking a full advantage of the benefits of today’s vision technology advancements.
TOOLS / SUPPLIES
New Video Magnifier Provides a High-Definition Image
Product: Prisma HD
Top Line: Eschenbach’s new video magnifier, the Prisma HD, offers the clearest image available among desktop video magnifiers, according to Eschenbach.
Close Up: Using an HDMI cable (included), the Prisma HD easily attaches to any high-definition television and provides a clear, 720p 1280 x 720 resolution magnified image using its autofocus camera. The Prisma HD can provide between 2.5x and 100x on a 32-inch TV and offers a choice of nine different viewing modes.
Vital Stats: Weighing only three pounds, the Prisma HD is easy to transport and comes complete with a zippered carrying case.
www.eschenbach.com; (800) 487-5389
VMail Technology is a service of Jobson Medical Information LLC, the publisher of VisionMonday®,
440 Ninth Ave, 14th Floor, New York NY 10001.
If you do not wish to receive future VMail Technology e-mails, please click UNSUBSCRIBE.
© 2017 Jobson Medical Information LLC All Rights Reserved EyesWay content is developed, sourced and
reported by the editors of EyesWay, the international news portal. VMail provides that content to its
subscribers as part of an exclusive news exchange agreement.