EXAMS / DISPENSING
Visionix to Debut New Refraction System at Vision Expo
Product: VX 55
Top Line: Visionix Inc., a company of Luneau Technology, will debut the VX 55,
a new type of digital phoropter, next week at International Vision Expo East. The VX 55 combines the simplicity and comfort of a manual phoropter with technological advances that allow for connectivity among diagnostic devices in the practice, and easy importation of measurement findings into EMR systems. Users can digitize their manual phoropter and control the entire refraction process from a tablet, increasing efficiency and making refractions quicker and easier than ever before.
Vital Stats: There is little to no learning curve with the interactive tutorial guide screen and familiar interface, according to Visionix.
- Ergonomic design that allows for freedom of movement and full control over the phoropter head and projection chart display.
- Bluetooth wireless communication between the head and the tablet.
- Full control of the digital phoropter.
- Add "assist" function offering easier operation when testing the add value in near vision.
- Built-in white LED lighting offers clear and safe illumination at the touch of a button.
- Ability to memorize two refractions and gather feedback on preference from patient.
- Tablet allows communication with the chart displays as a complete remote control.
- Tablet shows the optotypes on the display screen, enabling user to see what patient is reading without user having to adjust body position.
- VXBox communication box (completely wireless interface with the autorefractor and auto lensmeter).
- Can be networked into EMR system so data is transmitted.
- into patient file with the touch of one button.
- Smooth, quiet lens selection.
- Multi-coated lenses for better performance.
www.visionix-vx55.com; (800) 292-7468
Topcon Medical Systems Launches Online University
Product: Topcon Online University
Top Line: Topcon Medical Systems (TMS) is launching the "Topcon Online University" training system. Topcon's CV-5000S Automated Vision Tester is the subject of the first in this new series of online training modules.
Close Up: The new CV-5000S Online Training Program was previewed at the Vision Expo West Meeting in Las Vegas in 2013 and is the first in a series of interactive, online product training systems that collectively will be known as Topcon's Online University.
"The CV-5000S Online Training Program is designed for technicians, optometrists, ophthalmologists, and other eye care professionals that are getting started with the CV-5000S Refraction System. Through a combination of narrated videos, graphics and step-by-step instructions, the system highlights the key features and operating procedures of the system," said Bob Gibson, vice president of marketing for Topcon Medical Systems.
Vital Stats: The
online university will be available 24/7 on the Topcon website to registered users, allowing them to access it at any time and from any location. This value-added feature of the CV-5000S and other products to come will not only enhance the patients' experience but also improve and accelerate the learning process for the operator.
Key features of the CV-5000S:
- Fast lens rotation provides comfort for both user and patient while the compact and contemporary design enhances the doctor's professional image.
- Provides complete 21-point refraction and features the KB-50S One Dial Controller with a 10.4" color touch-screen display.
- Complete connectivity allows data to be sent automatically to every CV system throughout the office and populated automatically into the EMR, making paperless refraction a reality.
TOOLS / SUPPLIES
ABS to Debut Smart Stand for Smart Mirror Mobile App
Product: Smart Stand for ABS Smart Mirror Mobile App
Top Line: Next week at International Vision Expo East, ABS is launching two new iPad Stands, a desktop model and a freestanding model.
Close Up: The new “Smart Stand” from ABS allow optimum use of the ABS Smart Mirror Mobile App. Slim, space-saving modern design, the 360-degree rotating stand is also height adjustable to elevate the iPad camera to the customer’s eye level to avoid parallax error.
Vital Stats: The Smart Stand gives added stability and frees up the dispenser’s hands so they can easily readjust a customer’s frames and posture before taking pictures.
email@example.com; (888) 989-4227
VMail Technology is a service of Jobson Medical Information LLC, the publisher of VisionMonday®,
100 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10013.
If you do not wish to receive future VMail Technology e-mails, please click UNSUBSCRIBE.
© 2014 Jobson Medical Information LLC All Rights Reserved EyesWay content is developed, sourced and
reported by the editors of EyesWay, the international news portal. VMail provides that content to its
subscribers as part of an exclusive news exchange agreement.