SYSTEMS / EQUIPMENT
Coburn Adds New Generator to Cobalt Line
Product: Coburn Cobalt NX Generator
Top Line: Coburn Technologies is expanding its Cobalt line of equipment with the addition of their latest lens generator, Cobalt NX.
“The Cobalt NX continues to push the limits to produce superior quality lenses in terms of form and finish, and more accurately replicates the target lens geometry,” said Alex Incera, President of Coburn Technologies. “Cobalt NX is a result of extensive market research efforts and customer visits in Asia, Latin America and the U.S.”
• Enhanced lens quality: The quality of the lenses produced with the Cobalt NX is far superior to that of previous generators. Cobalt NX is designed for processing all indexes of lenses (1.498 to 1.74).
• Auto-calibration: Manual calibration is still available for those customers wanting to control this process, but for those who want an automated machine, the Cobalt NX introduces automatic calibration for more efficient and faster processing.
• On-board engraving: Cobalt NX now brings engraving on to the machine, with capabilities to produce simple shapes and alphanumeric using the secondary axis. The need to purchase additional equipment is eliminated.
• Interrupted cut: Interrupted cut brings a new feature to Coburn’s lens generators, which will be available on both the x- and v-axis. This eliminates the need for a granulator.
• Cold mist/dry cut: With on-board cold mist/dry cut, the need for expensive waste management is removed.
Vital Stats: Coburn Technologies reports that the Cobalt NX is validated on several branded and non-branded freeform lens designs.
www.CoburnTechnologies.com; (800) COBURN-1
EXAMS / DISPENSING
Stereo Optical Adds New Tests to Its All-in-One Digital Vision Screener
Product: Optec Plus
Top Line: Stereo Optical, a division of Essilor Instruments, is releasing new tests for the Optec Plus smart vision screener.
Close Up: Optec Plus includes an extensive library of tests administered with a user-friendly interface in a single machine. The glare recovery test and existing tests under the new glare condition have now been added to the software. They are useful for quantifying vision loss under the glare condition caused by cataracts or a corneal scar. These tests may now be integrated into customized protocols to allow for even more comprehensive pre-testing to improve practice flow.
“Since its introduction late 2016, Optec Plus has been very well-received by professionals performing vision screening. This portable digital device lets ECPs better gauge patients’ visual performance and enhances the patient experience and practice perception. With even more functionality, we feel that Optec Plus will change the way people think about vision screening to include comprehensive pre-testing for specific patient types,” said Damien Rousseau, CEO of Essilor Instruments USA.
• Quick, thorough and repeatable results
• Testing distances: Near, far and intermediate
• Monocular and binocular
• Lighting conditions: day, night (optional)
• Reverse background
• Constant and homogeneous luminescence levels
• Lightweight and portable
• PC or tablet
• Wireless connectivity
• Quick, easy access to digital records
• Customizable protocols
• Test randomization and automatic mode available
• No training or certification required
www.stereooptical.com; (800) 344-9500
TOOLS / SUPPLIES
Phantom Research Debuts OptiSafe Digital Super Tinter
Product: OptiSafe Digital Super Tinter
Top Line: The OptiSafe Digital Super Tinter from Phantom Research Laboratories is a single quart (946ml) tank heating system combining accurate digital temperature control, variable stirring action, split lid, and nonstick tank (vat) for heating lens tinting solutions. The detachable temperature probe is immersed into the tint solution to reflect solution temperature, not the temperature of the HTF as in conventional heating systems.
Close Up: Multiple units can be aligned side by side to create a tinting system that is perfect for your needs.
Vital Stats: The unit requires only 15 fl. oz. (443ml) of HTF. The HTF is a water soluble, environmentally safe, non-hazardous, biodegradable oil blend.
www.phantomresearch.com; (800) 225-5559; online PDF catalog: www.lenscoloring.com/support.htm
VMail Technology is a service of Jobson Medical Information LLC, the publisher of VisionMonday®,
440 Ninth Ave, 14th Floor, New York NY 10001.
If you do not wish to receive future VMail Technology e-mails, please click UNSUBSCRIBE.
© 2017 Jobson Medical Information LLC All Rights Reserved EyesWay content is developed, sourced and
reported by the editors of EyesWay, the international news portal. VMail provides that content to its
subscribers as part of an exclusive news exchange agreement.