EXAMS / DISPENSING
Top Line: Sonomed Escalon is introducing VisionFit, an electronic, tunable, all-in one, solid state, mobile and wearable system of lenses developed by Adaptica. It performs a subjective sight examination and it effectively replaces both the trial glasses and the manual/electronic phoropter functionality. By using the VisionFit in combination with Adaptica’s 2Win binocular handheld refractometer and vision analyzer, the operator performs an objective and subjective refraction exam in a few minutes only, with maximum mobility and flexibility. The system provides final guidance for the production of standard and customized prescription lenses and also allows subjective refraction to be performed in association with other biomedical devices (e.g. stabilometric platform) and with other devices used by the patient.
VisionFit includes a computer integrated control unit featuring a display screen, keyboard controller, commands and connectivity capabilities. The wearable electronic trial frame features two tunable lens sets each composed of three adaptive lenses (spherical, cylindrical and aberration) with add-on lens support.
• VisionFit effectively combines all the features and advantages of both the trial frame and the manual/automated phoropters.
• Wearable and mobile; it fits like a trial frame.
• Enables examining in free posture.
• Small footprint and reduced exam time.
• Increases peripheral vision.
• Doesn’t require control of the patient’s position. Ideal with non-cooperative patients.
• Connectivity, broad recording and printing capabilities.
• Adjustable step resolution for spherical lens down to 0.05 D.
• Same standards of speed, fluidity and symmetry of digital phoropters.
• Subjective refraction can be performed with the patient in his/her usual working environment and posture.
• Spherical correction range -10/+10 D and -20/+20 D with the use of an additional lens with prescription steps of 0.125 D and variable fluidity steps (adjustable from 0.05 to 0.25 D) with the use of the basic spherical lens.
• Cylindrical correction range 0 to 10 D by steps of 0.25 D
• Axis adjustment range 1-180° by steps of 1°
• Additional prismatic lenses range (optional) 0 to 10 ∆, steps 1 ∆ (add on – no automatic)
• Tolerances range of lenses according to ISO 10341, §4.3
• Corneal vertex distance range 10-18 mm
• Manual pupil distance adjustment range 50-80 mm, separated right and left
• Device free aperture 30 degrees
• Display color LCD, 3.5 inches
• WiFi Module Radicom, model: WiFiHU-a
• Bluetooth Module IDATA, USB 2.0 Bluetooth Mini Class 2+EDR
• Power requirement Voltage: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz - Power consumption: 60 VA
www.sonomedescalon.com; (800) 227-1285
|Send your comments to VM|
Top Line: Fully integrated with Eyecare Advantage, PracticeWatch automates repetitive tasks, freeing staff to focus on patient care. A built-in scheduler allows tasks to be scheduled to automatically run monthly, hourly, weekly, or daily—day or night. This includes tasks such as running reports and sending of appointment reminders to patients. PracticeWatch also allows users to define business rules to monitor conditions within the practice and execute tasks when specific conditions are met. For example, using PracticeWatch, providers can create a task to monitor patient flow and automatically send them an instant message when wait times exceed desired wait times.
“We’re proud that our eyecare providers have worked closely with our team to create this new, more efficient approach to streamline documentation,” said Link Wilson, CEO of Compulink. “And, we’re very excited about the potential applications for PracticeWatch to take on much of the busy-work within our client’s business.”
• Smart Task Automation: PracticeWatch uses your business rules to create tasks. It then monitors conditions within your practice and only executes the tasks when your specific conditions are met. For example, using PracticeWatch you can create a task to monitor patient flow and automatically send you an Instant Message when wait times exceed 15 minutes.
• 24/7 Task Management: PracticeWatch's built-in scheduler lets you schedule tasks monthly, hourly, weekly, daily, or anything in between.
• Automated Reporting: Use PracticeWatch to create report tasks to automatically generate and distribute reports to your providers and staff. PracticeWatch delivers all reports to a secure InBox to ensure HIPAA compliance
• Automated Communication: PracticeWatch helps you communicate more effectively with patients automating the delivery of time-sensitive information. Create tasks to send appointment reminders, confirmations and even birthday greetings.
• To-Do Items: Use PracticeWatch to automatically create to-do lists and assign action items to staff.
Vital Stats: Another enhancement to Eyecare Advantage is Compulink’s OneTab EHR Solution. The OneTab layout allows providers to easily view and document the entire exam from one screen. This new single screen approach improves provider productivity by eliminating the clicks and the time spent searching for patient information.
www.compulinkadvantage.com; (800) 456-4522
|Send your comments to VM|
Top Line: Eye Care Leaders Group (ECL), a company that provides practice performance solutions for ophthalmologists and optometrists, offers a comprehensive suite of products including revenue cycle management services, benchmarking/analytics and practice building, along with a la carte software offerings from top EHRs such as Medflow, ManagementPlus and MDoffice.
Close Up: ECL provides Practice Performance solutions focused on eyecare. By empowering physician owners to assess and prioritize Practice Performance needs, ECL is able to help doctors discover and select systems and services that boost profitability. Clients can test drive and choose from a wide spectrum of options, everything from ‘practice in a box’ solutions, including:
Business intelligence: ECL offers analytics that assist practices with payer contracts, financial forecasting, benchmarking, and more.
Revenue Cycle Management: Practices can outsource all or part of their RCM with ECL’s innovative, affordable “pay for performance” options.
Optical: Many eyecare practices wrongly assume that optical is a cash sinkhole. But with ECL optical management tools, their optical shops can be a reliable infusion of non-insurance-dependent revenue in today’s tighter reimbursement market.
Practice building services for practices: Include marketing online reputation management, website design, SEO, social media solutions, branding, PR and customized content for doctors’ website and social media channels.
“Eye Care Leaders Group was founded to bring clarity to complex Practice Performance challenges for ophthalmologists and optometrists,” explained company president Jim Alland. “We work closely with our physician partners by taking a holistic view of all of their practice needs, helping them identify what parts of their business may be underperforming. Our Practice Performance consultants live by the motto ‘Your practice. Your profit. Your choice.’ and provide physicians with only the tools they need to grow their practice, allowing them to focus on patient care.”
• Business intelligence: ECL offers analytics that assist practices with payer contracts, financial forecasting, benchmarking, and more.
• Revenue Cycle Management: Practices can outsource all or part of their RCM with ECL’s innovative, affordable “pay for performance” options.
• Optical: Many eye care practices wrongly assume that optical is a cash sinkhole. But with ECL optical management tools, their optical shops can be a reliable infusion of non-insurance-dependent revenue in today’s tighter reimbursement market.
• Practice building services for practices: Include marketing online reputation management, website design, SEO, social media solutions, branding, PR and customized content for doctors’ website and social media channels.
www.theeclgroup.com; (855) 685-3292
|Send your comments to VM|