RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif.— VSP Global, "as part of its ongoing commitment to support and reinvest in private practice doctors of optometry," announced it will extend Premier Program level status and benefits enjoyed by participating practices through June 2021. The company also outlined new strategic marketing efforts to amplify patient traffic to Premier Program locations, and exclusive new offers and resources available to participating practices. “As doctors continue navigating COVID-related challenges, the Premier Program continues to deliver more support and meaningful resources for their practices at this critical time,” said Michelle Skinner, chief network officer, VSP Global.
“In addition to the robust education and training resources available from Premier Academy360, we’re focused on creating more opportunities for engagement and patient traffic by activating exclusive, value-packed marketing initiatives to connect our nearly 90 million members to Premier Program locations for all their eyecare and eyewear needs.”
In its announcement, VSP said over the past five years it has delivered 104 million patients to VSP network doctors and nearly $12 billion in revenue to Premier Program practices. With program status now extended through June of next year, practices can now take full advantage of all the offers and benefits available through the Premier Program to maximize practice revenue. New efforts to encourage patients to maximize their benefits, and exclusive offers and resources for Premier Program locations include:
National Marketing to VSP Members and “Beat the Rush” Rebate:
- A national marketing campaign started in September, highlighting the exclusive "Beat the Rush" rebate designed to incentivize VSP members to schedule an eye exam and use their benefits now, ahead of the end of the year rush. Through the offer, VSP members can earn up to a $100 prepaid Mastercard when they purchase a featured frame brand and eligible lens product from a Premier Program location through Nov. 30, 2020.
- Targeted marketing communications including emails, social media and direct mail have been deployed to VSP members to educate them on the offer. Practices can promote the offer directly to their patients by accessing a toolkit that includes social media posts, graphics, customized emails and more. The “Beat the Rush” rebate can also be combined with other eligible offers for VSP members, like the Extra $20 and Extra $40 promotions, at no cost to the practice.
VSP Global COVID-19 Patient Care Program:
- VSP network doctors can apply through Nov. 24, 2020, for the VSP Global COVID-19 Patient Care Program, which offers grants to help practices offset expenses and financial hardships due to the pandemic. VMAIL reported on this program in September.In this program, practices with Platinum or Gold level status in the Premier Program are eligible for a one-time cash payment between $1,000 and $10,000, and other network practices are eligible for a one-time cash payment between $500 and $5,000. More details are posted here.
Premier Pathways Benefit Extended to Gold Level Practices"
- VSP's Premier Pathways is now available to Gold level practices, offering personalized consulting with a senior recruiter and hiring resources for practices looking to hire an associate doctor. Premier Pathways saves practices time and money by amplifying doctor job listings on over 300 career sites including ODcareersVSP.com. The program also provides initial doctor candidate reviews and matching applicant resumes specifically to doctor job listings to deliver top candidates.
MyMARCHON.com Exclusive Free Shipping Offer:
- Platinum and Gold level locations that place an Rx order on the newly redesigned myMARCHON.com by Oct. 31, 2020 will receive 90 days of free shipping on all Rx orders. To register, practices can visit MyMarchon.com or call (800) 645-1300.
Practices will have the ability to enjoy free shipping beyond the 90-day period when they join Marchon’s frame board management program, Kaleyedoscope . Promoting increased profitability, sales growth, and operational efficiencies, Kaleyedoscope offers curated assortments of the top-selling frame brands from Marchon to meet the needs of patients and practices alike.
New Advertising Payments for Sharing VSP Individual Vision Plans:
- In response to doctor feedback for more opportunities to attract and retain patients while earning additional practice revenue, practices can now take part in the VSP Individual Vision Plans Doctor Program. By joining, doctors can help educate patients about VSP’s Individual Vision Plans on their website, social media pages and in their practice. Doctors receive an advertising payment when a patient clicks on their ad and lands on the application page or calls and mentions the practice’s name. Patients enjoy instant enrollment through the ads on the doctor’s website, or by calling to enroll. To learn more, visit VisionPlansDr.com.
More details about additional resources, education, and tools are available through the Premier Program, at vspproviderhub.com.