Product: The Lighthouse Clinician’s Guide to Low Vision Practice
Top Line: A comprehensive, updated publication, The Lighthouse Clinician’s Guide to Low Vision Practice, from Lighthouse International. The 200-page book will serve as the seminal text for training ophthalmology and optometry students and residents, as well as practicing clinicians, in the principles of low vision clinical care and vision rehabilitation.
Close Up: The Lighthouse Clinician’s Guide to Low Vision Practice helps clinicians understand low vision principles, enhances their knowledge of disease consequences, provides insight for addressing patient complaints, and increases the effectiveness of treatment—both medical and surgical—through low vision rehabilitation. This book will help ophthalmologists and optometrists learn to:
- Identify low vision patients
- Evaluate functional impairment and correlate it to a patient’s disease
- Assess how medical and surgical interventions impact a patient’s functional vision
- Perform low vision refraction and prescribe appropriate low vision optical devices
- Integrate low vision care and vision rehabilitation components into their practice
- Recognize how vision rehabilitation specialists can improve the quality of life for patients
Vital Stats: The book costs $39.95 plus shipping. To order, e-mail
email@example.com or call (212) 821-9470.